Market research and product selection is the most important step for the case study. One thing I’ve learned over the years with my niche sites is that choosing a right niche & product is the key ingredient for a profitable affiliate website.
For this Fresh Store Builder case study, I want to choose a niche that is NOT a general product. Also, stay away from oversaturated keywords. It should never be something like “Best Android Phones” or “Best Guitars for Sale” I’ve seen a great number of Amazon affiliate sites promoting general merchandise. That shouldn’t be my method.
Since today is brainstorming day, I’m going to write down some of the guidelines that I will follow on choosing my first niche.
- Target desperate market or consumable products for repeat buyers.
- Hard-to-find products offline.
- Discontinued or used products.
- Specialty or rare items.
- Special sizes or specs that are not sold offline.
- International products not sold offline.
- Product line or market that I can provide tons of related contents.
- Not concerned about the average price of the products for the first project. My goal is to attract buyers who’s going to buy “today” without much researching.
- Target buyers who already know what they need to purchase. Ready to buy consumers.
- Products mostly with FBA sellers for Prime buyers. Prime subscribers tend to spend more money and buy quicker.
- Products with great ratings and lots of pictures and information.
At this point, I’m not sure how long the research will take. But my next step will be registering a domain name, buy a hosting account, and purchase Fresh Store Builder!